It’s a noisy world out there. Getting noticed in today’s multi-channeled, media rich marketplace requires innovation supported by solid analysis and strategic implementation. The new M.S. in Integrated Marketing Communications at Nazareth College was designed by a team of industry leaders to develop informed professionals who can filter through the trends, identify intelligent strategy, and capitalize on the power of a well crafted message.
Our program is ideal for marketing professionals seeking to accelerate their careers with an advanced credential; individuals working in sales, management, or other fields seeking a career change into marketing; and high achieving recent college graduates in fields such as communications or business who seek to further their marketing expertise.
Developed and endorsed by leading marketing agencies and experts:
- Constellation Brands
- DAC Group, Rochester Digital Agency
- Hillside Family of Agencies
- Monro Muffler
- Partners + Napier
- Roberts Communications
CURRICULUM FOR THE BUSINESS REALITIES OF TODAY AND TOMORROW
- Emerging Media
- Global Buying Behavior
- Leading Innovation
- Marketing Communications Program Management
- Marketing Concepts and Strategy
- Marketing Research and Analytics
- Persuasive Communications
- Traditional Media
- Three electives
Beginning with a solid foundation in marketing strategies, our unique curriculum takes a student-centered approach to developing the skills employers demand and value. Students will learn to:
- Identify critical issues, develop marketing strategy, and devise an implementation plan to meet goals.
- Effectively conceptualize, develop, and communicate ideas to target audiences through multiple communication vehicles.
- Assess the validity and value of internal and external research as it applies to communication design and strategy.
- Understand campaign management and the collaboration between internal and external environments.
- Develop a multicultural perspective of the factors that impact consumer needs, perceptions, attitudes, and decision making in both business-to-business and business-to-consumer audiences.
- Recognize the role of marketing communications and promotional tools as an integrated function of the marketing plan.
- Finally, in our capstone course, students are matched with clients who face real marketing challenges. This experience allows students to put theory into practice as they develop strategies and assist clients with implementation.
Program Highlights School Of Management
- The Nazareth program is created, supported, and continuously evaluated by a team of national and regional experts connected to emerging needs in the marketing communications industry.
- With a focus on emerging media and critical analysis, the program provides the skills to make intelligent use of the diverse tools and channels available for marketing communications today.
- Practical experience is built into each course, allowing students to immediately apply classroom learning to workplace challenges.
- Courses are offered during evenings so that students can pursue the degree while working full time. Additionally, two- and three-year program options allow students to set their own pace for progress.
Program Director, Marketing Professor and Director of International Business