- Completed Application
- Official transcripts from each college attended (The Office of Graduate Admissions will obtain transcripts for Nazareth students and alumni)
- Professional statement
- Two letters of recommendation
- View additional requirements by program
Official Transcripts from each college attended
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree at an accredited institution with a minimal cumulative index of 3.0 and a B average or better in the major field of study. The applicant should request transcripts from all colleges attended to be sent to them in a sealed envelope (with the Registrar's signature across the seal of the envelope). If you have completed any coursework at Nazareth College, the Office of Graduate Admissions will obtain your Nazareth transcript(s) through the Registrar's Office upon receipt of your application packet.
- An applicant who does not meet the 3.0 grade point average expectations must address that in his/her professional statement.
- International applicants are required to submit English translated transcripts, including Bachelor's or higher degree equivalency through a NACES http://www.naces.org certified evaluation service (such as World Education Service, Educational Credential Evaluations, or Josef Silny & Associates). Evaluation of foreign/international transcripts is at the expense of the student.
An essential component of the application is the professional statement describing your reasons for undertaking this particular graduate program. It should include any information that will advance your candidacy, e.g., personal and professional attributes and goals, volunteer and professional experiences related to the program to which you are applying, and other related life experiences. You should also address your future academic plans and anticipated contributions to the specific profession for which this program will prepare you.
Regarding the GPA requirement: Typically, an undergraduate cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher and a B average in the major field are expected. An applicant who does not meet these expectations must address them in his/her professional statement. Specifically, the applicant must:
- Discuss specific procedures he/she will follow to successfully navigate and meet the rigorous requirements of graduate study.
- Describe relevant experiences and/or activities that reflect on the applicant's ability to successfully complete graduate work at Nazareth College.
- Explain the reason(s) for an undergraduate cumulative GPA of less than 3.0 and/or lower than a B average in the major.
Two letters of recommendation
(unless otherwise noted in criteria for admission chart)
- A confidential recommendation will only be accepted in a sealed envelope with the signature of the recommender across the seal of the envelope. Recommendation materials intended to be confidential will not be accepted if envelopes have been opened.
- With this application are two Nazareth College Graduate Admissions Letter of Recommendation Forms that explain this process to the recommender. Additional letters of recommendation may be printed from this application as needed.
- The sole purpose of the recommendation is for admission to a graduate program at Nazareth College. Graduate Admissions will dispose of all letters of recommendation following the admissions review process.
- Credential files may be used for letters of recommendation if the letters were submitted for the purpose of graduate study, not employment.
There is no application fee for applicants who use the online graduate application.